20th December 2019
Thank you to everyone who completed a parent questionnaire, these are the comments you made:
As a school what do you think we do well?
- Teaching reading
- Breakfast club
- Very positive atmosphere & friendly staff
- Great school lunch menu
- Parental involvement e.g. Family learning, performances, enterprise, etc.
- Visible, friendly and welcoming staff on a morning
- Fun homework at an early age
- Golden rules and positive behaviour
- Outstanding communication with families e.g. texts and emails etc.
- Very supportive staff
- Links with families and opportunities for parents to visit school
- High standard of education and an excellent curriculum
- Based on religious, Christian Values
- Safe, happy school
- Give children new experiences
- Inspiring and enthusiastic staff
- Learning about other cultures
Have you any suggestions to further develop, improve or enhance provision for our children and families?
- Encourage playing musical instruments
- Trips to the Zoo to explore nature
- Have class friendships in mind when planning new classes
- More educational trips out of school
- Meetings for parents offered at a time to suit working parents
- More than one reading book at a time
- Involve parents in school sports day like old times
- ‘Filey Infants Got Talent’ yearly show
- Inform parents when children have done well
- Communication with parents whose children attend after school club
Please note we have discussed all your suggestions as a staff team and we will act upon them as it is appropriate to do so.
It is with sadness that we say goodbye to Miss McIntyre on Friday 20th December. We wish Miss McIntyre well for her future and thank her for her hard work and support through the Autumn Term. We are however, very happy to welcome Miss Davis to our teaching team from January 2020 and we know that she will make a positive contribution to our school with enthusiasm and core values of ‘Community. Compassion and Friendship’.
Please remember to check our school website for information on teaching and learning, policies, letters and photographs/video clips of all the Christmas festivities. Nativity photos can be found under Teaching and Learning/Curriculum.
Once again thank you for your support and I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
Mrs Angela Clark
Head of School